[FoRK] Bush's tanking approval ratings

Karl Anderson kra at monkey.org
Mon Apr 11 17:17:26 PDT 2005

"Russell Turpin" <deafbox at hotmail.com> writes:

> Karl Anderson:
> >Tailpipe emissions *measurably* cause more
> >deaths and injuries than crashes do..
>
> That would surprise me, given the large
> statistics for mortality and morbidity from
> auto accidents. Do you have a cite?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/369169.stm

"""
The emissions from car exhausts are responsible for more deaths than
road accidents, according to World Health Organisation (WHO) research.

A study looking at France, Austria and Switzerland found that the
number of people dying from respiratory or cardiovascular problems
which could be attributed to car fumes far outweighed the death toll
from crashes.
"""

--
Karl Anderson      kra at monkey.org      http://monkey.org/~kra/