[FoRK] Bush's tanking approval ratings

Sandor Spruit sandor at cs.uu.nl
Tue Apr 12 04:15:27 PDT 2005

Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 06:03:43PM -0700, Ian Andrew Bell wrote:
>
>>Even though I support this line of criticism this is not exactly a
>>smoking gun... air pollution "could be attributed" to a lot of things,
>>I would imagine.
>
> Not in Austria and Switzerland (or large parts of France). Inland Empire it
> isn't.
>
> There's no heavy industry emissions, the plants are clean, and so are private
> burners.
>
> If it's aerosol, you can damn sure assume it's unfiltered (largely diesel) exhaust.

Hmmm. Last week, there was a story in the news over here about polution
in the Netherlands - sort of a hiscore list of the dirtiest streets. A
particular street in the Hague won the prize. Several times the limits
laid down in legislation. Layers of grey dust on the windows. People
with respiratory illnesses all over the place. Kindergarten with some
equipment producing a high pressure zone inside to keep stuff out.

Quite scary - especially cause the statistics apparantly show that the
Western part of the country is among the most poluted places in Europe.

Sandor