[FoRK] Bush's tanking approval ratings

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Tue Apr 12 10:40:55 PDT 2005

On Apr 12, 2005, at 12:38 PM, Karl Anderson wrote:

>> This, I thought, was relatively clear.  At least a couple of other
>> folks have picked up the ball on this one, but the short version is
>> that *if you actually believe that, pat and w/o further consideration,
>> then you're just as bad as the Reich-wingers that consume all that
>> Reich-wing propaganda.*
>
> What made you think that I believe that without consideration?

I said "if."

> You said that people with a "commitment to freedom" shouldn't
> criticize your SUV without showing that driving such a pigmobile
> around causes measureable harm.  I provided a measure of harm.

Therein lies the difference of opinion.  I disagree that you've
provided any reasonable measure.

I am personally of the opinion that such a measure does not exist, but
I can be convinced otherwise.  Citing WHO stats isn't going to meet my
selection criteria, though.  (In this case that is, again, equivalent
to conservatives citing "studies" from obviously conservatively-biased
organizations.)

> Go
> ahead and provide your own measure that estimates that harm as
> insignificant, or take it like a big man in a big car.

I feel no need to provide such a measure, but if I do at some point in
the future rest assured you'll be at the top of my list.  In the
meantime, be on the lookout for an ugly, dirty, non-status-symbol
muddy-greyish-yellow pusSUV driven by an evil sociopath looking to plow
your silly pussified Green Weenie biker ass over. ;-) :-)  (Not really,
of course.)

jb