[FoRK] Bush's tanking approval ratings

Regina Schuman rschuman at jfcsjax.org
Tue Apr 12 12:56:04 PDT 2005

Regina Schuman wrote:

> yeah, baby!  i can outmaneuver (get out of the way) the behemoths.

You're Wooty the Wabbit!   ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079540/ )

not rooty, just rabbit.

Joe Barrera wrote:

> Clowns to the left of me
> Jokers to the right...
>
> - Bob Dylan

Many people assume it's Dylan, based on the timbre of the vocals.
It's actually Gerry Rafferty ("Baker Street") of Stealers Wheel, as
both
composer and performer.

Ian Andrew Bell wrote:

> people creating a health hazard [smoking] ... through an act which
> by their own admission has no social or personal benefit.

Not exactly. It gives the smokers personal benefits, both psychological
and
chemical.  I can't stand smoke, myself, but let's factor everything in
to the
CBA.

(In "Crimes Against Logic" (
), Jamie Whyte makes the point regarding drug laws; if you don't factor
in the
*personal* benefit of decriminalization (i.e., that people will be able
enjoy drugs more easily), you're not doing a full CBA, and you can't
truly say
what's "best" for society.)

-Matt Jensen
 Seattle