[FoRK] Odd ideas for end-user modeling tool

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Fri Apr 22 16:19:40 PDT 2005

Sounds interesting.  Certainly you ought to have multiple views of Wiki
structure and I've had to convert between outline/document/wiki modes.
With TWiki, you can replace links with includes for instance, but there
should be an automatic system.

You might want to look at Naked Objects which I have queued for
digestion soon: http://www.nakedobjects.org/

I know you said you didn't like diagrammatic knowledge capture, but I
actually like the Mind Map ideas and some of the software:

http://www.developer.com/design/article.php/3469181
http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
http://www.mindjet.com/us/
http://www.smartdraw.com/index2.htm

(MindManager is cool, SmartDraw is a great replacement for Visio, and
Freemind is free (haven't tried it much yet).)

sdw