[FoRK] US defence budget will equal ROW combined "within 12 months"

rst at ai.mit.edu rst at ai.mit.edu
Thu May 5 15:02:29 PDT 2005

[To the list this time.  Sorry about dupes].

Ian Andrew Bell (FoRK) writes:

 > It's pretty impractical to sell items on eBay if you're not in one of
 > the countries serviced by PayPal.  I've bought things overseas and lost
 > a lot of money doing it, so my lesson as a buyer (Caveat Emptor) is to
 > use PayPal exclusively ... if they won't take my PayPal payment forget
 > it.  So a merchant in Botswana sadly does not have access to me and a
 > lot of other eBayers.

The second post I pointed to had a list of requirements for sellers,
including:

  4. An account with Paypal, Bidpay, or some other financial intermediary.

Bidpay's FAQ here says they send Western Union money orders to anyone
who's able to receive them:

  http://www.bidpay.com/getPaidFAQReceiving.asp

and Western Union in turn provides service to both India and Pakistan.
See, for example:

  http://www.ameinfo.com/17682.html

However, per the TOS, buyers who insist on using Paypal to pay
$10.00 or less for high quality, hand-tailored garments may indeed be
out of luck...

rst