[FoRK] Does this real estate boom remind you of the dot-com boom?

Sateesh Narahari sateesh.narahari at gmail.com
Tue May 17 12:55:00 PDT 2005

In the bay area, I hear the following reasons why the housing market
only has one direction to go: up.

1. There isn't any new land being created, only new folks coming into the state
2. Houses are tangible things unlike stocks, and if prices don't
appreciate, people won't sell
3. Housing market has always gone up
4. By historical measures ( who knows what they are), the housing
market is still way underpriced.

After hearing all these reasons, I am not quite sure if it is a time
to be buying a house....

Most likely scenario will be no increase in housing prices, and market
turns to buyers market, and then price drops, probably over a 10 year
period.

Sateesh