[FoRK] Does this real estate boom remind you of the dot-com boom?

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Tue May 17 13:11:20 PDT 2005

Jeff Barr wrote:
> The interesting questions are: When and how is this all going to
> end? Will it be with a bang (sudden devaluation) or with a whisper
> (longer time on the market, little or no appreciate for an extended
> period of time)?

Another thing to keep in mind as a matter of perspective is that the US
real estate "boom" looks quite flaccid compared to many, many other
countries at the moment.  Given the relatively slow rate of growth in
the US real estate market compared to the global situation among other
things, I'd say that the US real estate market is more likely to
stagnate for an extended period than go bust.  While the scarcity is
artificial in the sense that it is highly regulated, the supply of
economically compelling land is definitely finite.

cheers,

j. andrew rogers