[FoRK] Does this real estate boom remind you of the dot-com boom?

Ken Meltsner meltsner at gmail.com
Tue May 17 16:33:45 PDT 2005

Australia isn't a cost savings -- Sydney costs more than San Francisco
or Vancouver from what I've seen, and land ownership is somewhat
discouraged by the incredibly high tax structure.  It's also a lot
less dynamic than the American economy, at least according to my
relatives.

Costa Rica is popular with retirees since it has a stable government,
relatively well-educated citizens, etc.  It also has an active program
to provide permanent residency to immigrants with investment cash,
especially in areas such as reforestation.  Or so the google ad for
Tropical Hardwoods keeps telling me.

I'll get to see Brazil and Singapore for the first time this July --
I'll report back on housing prices and opportunities, if there are
any.

Ken Meltsner