[FoRK] "Korea reaches milestone in therapeutic cloning"

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Thu May 19 19:42:23 PDT 2005

Russell Turpin wrote on 5/19/2005 1:49 PM:
> Ten years ago, who dreamed that this kind of
> research would be done only outside the US,
> because of the wingnut right? Ten years
> from now, will Americans with diabetes fly
> abroad for the cure?

Why not, they already goto Mexico for dental and Asia for most major
surgery. Even with travel it's 1/4 the cost.

Fear not, FoRKers will be fine and will have our assets long departed
from the US. Anyone born today of course will grow up in a 3rd world
country, stripped bare of all resources by the baby boomers and the
corporations. Science will have long since been outlawed as godless, and
all researchers marched off to "summer camps". And even if none of that
happens, Asia wants success far more then the spoiled kids here. Oh yea,
and that Bird Flu thing will solve the housing bubble ;)

Who is John Galt?

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/