[FoRK] Fwd: [Processing] download the new beta release!

Justin Mason jm at jmason.org
Thu May 19 20:01:50 PDT 2005

I once did, to fix bugs in a java.util class.  (in the early days, you got
the source to those classes.)

On top of that, the key "freedom" is that, if you're writing products on
java and "Mad" Scott McNealy suddenly decides that Java is no longer
profitable and closes it all down, you aren't locked in the trunk of the
car going off the cliff.  Java would still exist without Sun.

I think fundamentally you need to read up on the motivations behind why
open source is a good thing ;)

- --j.