open source awareness [was Re: [FoRK] Fwd: [Processing] download the new beta release!)

Michael Silk michaelslists at gmail.com
Thu May 19 20:27:08 PDT 2005

Not sure if that is an indirect insult or compliment, but either way,
like i said - I understand the benefits of oss but i don't see it
applying to java. you can implement your own vm. you can give out
_your own_ runtime libraries. you just can't modify suns. If there is
a bug, submit a bug report or figure out a work-around. Sun won't
suddenly start charging for their vm, but if they do you can go
elsewhere.

What is the exact problem?

-- Michael