[FoRK] Fwd: [Processing] download the new beta release!

Luis Villa luis.villa at gmail.com
Thu May 19 21:20:40 PDT 2005

On 5/20/05, Michael Silk <michaelslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well I've submitted bugs (1 or 2) that I found in the java compiler,
> and they were fixed in new releases. I know many other bugs that have
> been found in production and confirmed via source-review have ben
> fixed too. I, on the other hand, can't about openoffice, never having
> used it ...
>
> I've found if there is a bug it's generally easy to work around, and
> if you can't (say for example this
> one:http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=627844&tstart=45)
> you just wait for the next version, or downgrade. I

Downgrade? Eek... I have worked with Sun a bit, and they are paranoid
about regressions, and I'd certainly think they would be even more so
about Java- is that not the case?

>  It's not perfect,
> but it works. For now ... Maybe one day, or in one situation, it won't
> work. And then maybe my opinion will change :)

Not being too much a believer in free-software-as-moral-imperative, I
admit a big part of my pragmatic distaste is experience with sun in
the ooo world, where they are incredibly difficult to deal with. It is
quite possible that their Java processes work better in practice.

Luis