open source awareness [was Re: [FoRK] Fwd: [Processing] download the new beta release!)

Lorin Rivers lrivers at gmail.com
Fri May 20 09:28:36 PDT 2005

Veering off into the wilderness...

Luis,

There are people for whom OSS is a religion, there are people who are
quite happy OSS exists and use it, and there are people who couldn't
care less.

Discussions about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin,
however, are only truly interesting to those in the first category. I
place myself solidly in group 2. I use Java (Azureus rocks) but
honestly I'm not concerned about the Java internals being
proprietary...