open source awareness [was Re: [FoRK] Fwd: [Processing] download the new beta release!)

Luis Villa luis.villa at gmail.com
Fri May 20 09:47:52 PDT 2005

On 5/20/05, Lorin Rivers <lrivers at gmail.com> wrote:
> Veering off into the wilderness...
>
> Luis,
>
> There are people for whom OSS is a religion, there are people who are
> quite happy OSS exists and use it, and there are people who couldn't
> care less.

Oh, certainly. I try in general to pretend to be in the second group
but am aware I regularly fall into the first. I guess my question was
'is there a fourth category who don't even know'?

> Discussions about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin,
> however, are only truly interesting to those in the first category.

:) C'mon, been a while since this list had a good, even
mildly-technically related flamewar. Cut me some slack :)

Luis