open source awareness [was Re: [FoRK] Fwd: [Processing] download the new beta release!)

Robert Harley robert.harley at gmail.com
Fri May 20 13:07:51 PDT 2005

Michael Silk:
>Uhh ...? Where does this insult come from? Have I met you before? If
>not, how can you make such a judgement?

Your problem is that you haven't partaken of sufficient koolaid.
You're meant t pretend to believe that software licensing terms are a
vital part of "freedom",
on a par with the rights to life, property and a fair trial combined.
Then regurgitate the rewritten history of hackerdom to pretend that
the "free-as-in-air software" (TM) movement planned everything from
the start and did everything according to plan, in particular the FSF
invented sliced bread and wrote Linux instead of being a non-entity
like the LPF until the time was ripe for RMS to ride some coat-tails.
To rub in the point, go on about the "open source" (TM) movement being
a non-entity until time was ripe to ride some coat-tails.
To prove that you are a real jihadi, you must convince some wide-eyed
know-nothing wannabe (preferably a journalist) of the above and get
them to repeat the procedure to infect others with the meme.