[FoRK] "A Love Affair With S.U.V.'s Begins to Cool"

Joe Barrera joe at barrera.org
Fri May 20 20:52:06 PDT 2005

<http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/21/automobiles/21auto.html?ex=1274328000&en=435824be935673fb&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>

"But it feels like nineteen seventy-four
 Syd Barrett's last session, he can't sing anymore
 He's gonna have to be Roger now for the rest of his life"

1974 is when  my parents bought their Buick Electra 225 Limited.
7.5 litre engine, Firestone 500 radials (radial tires! the new thing!),
green with lots of brown plastic wood inside.

Only three of the four Firestone 500 blowouts we had were near-death
experiences. My parents fixed the tire problem by selling the car.

- Joe
--
It's hard to live in this country
In the present state of things