[FoRK] "Korea reaches milestone in therapeutic cloning"

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Sat May 21 11:43:12 PDT 2005

Dave LONG wrote on 5/21/2005 3:06 AM:
>> Fear not, FoRKers will be fine and will have our assets long departed
>> from the US.
>

> The question being: would this departure be voluntary (with SWIFT) or
> involuntary
> (with cheap houses being worth 1'000'000 USD but big macs costing 20
> USD)...

Doesn't matter, they will still cost X Euros.

The housing bubble will pop despite the best efforts of the illegal
alien inflows to prop them up, GM and Ford will go bankrupt and dodge
the pensions (that's 500B wiped out alone), interest rates will
rise wiping out those with variable rate mortgages, R&D has already been
cutback so your kids will not have jobs, India and China both graduate
more engineering PhD every year then we even have, heath care now
involves a trip to another country... oh, and that little oil problem.
All of those are absolute certainties.

Every sign, every metric, every historical model says America is done,
and it won't be our turn again for at least 300 years... long past the
singularity in any case, and thus irrelevant.

But, the longer Bush keeps everyone in denial, the more opportunity
there is in the chaos that results. Woohoo! And don't forget, Jesus will
save us, so don't worry.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/