[FoRK] "A Love Affair With S.U.V.'s Begins to Cool"

Ken Meltsner meltsner at gmail.com
Sun May 22 07:43:34 PDT 2005

Oddly, I saw a number of SUVs here in Slough -- several Grand
Cherokees and even more Nissan models.  There was even a Hummer H2 in
the parking lot here, but that must be an exotic car around here -- it
took up more than one parking space and had left-hand drive.

The SUVs certainly stand out next to the little Kias (which look like
they should have three wheels) and the rectangular prism Renault work
vans.  The Renault work van is so boxy that it makes the Honda Element
look streamlined.

The number of Renault cars surprised me -- I thought the British had
suffered enough*.  Remember, the French automotive industry do not
copy anyone else, and no one copies the French.

Ken Meltsner

*  I drove my grad advisor's Alliance for six months, after which I
learned to distrust car magazines and their "Car of the Year" choices.