[FoRK] SUVs are the solution

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Sun May 22 10:14:30 PDT 2005

I think this is the same argument made for personal air travel, which I
would be all for.  Need a 16 lane to work today?  No problem, just let
the regional traffic controller program the autopilots, etc.

Speaking of which, I went almost directly head to head with an F15 last
week.  I was at 3000 at 120 knots and he crossed my path less than
1000ft above me doing 450 knots toward me at about a 160 degree path
angle.  He was outside his training area, hurrying to get back I suspect.

Too bad I didn't have time to grab my camera while I dove; he was gone
less than 3 seconds after I spotted him.

sdw