[FoRK] You know, I'm about sick of this shit.

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Mon May 23 05:39:39 PDT 2005

No crypto.  That's *dangerous.*

No stem cell research.  That's *sinful.*

No cloning research.  That's *just weird.*

No Fair Use.  That's *bad for (media) business.*

No HDTV recorder cards w/o being crippled.  (See above.)

No commercial space travel.  That's *complicated.*

No evolution in schools.  That's *just wrong.*

No sex education in schools.  That *might CAUSE teens to have sex.*

No gay marriage.  That's *perverse.*

No abortion.  That's *murder.*

No peer-to-peer.  That's *scary.*

No smoking in public.  That's *smelly* and *bad for you.*

No personal choices of any kind.  *You can't handle it.*

No rationality.  That would be part of that *reality-based community*
bullshit.  That's just *wrong.*

But by damn, we're going to have a huge government, a huge deficit,
an INSANE foreign policy, a crippling, burdensome tax code, prayer
and God (tm) (nb:  approved Gods only need apply) in schools and
elsewhere, and in general an out-of-control nanny government at all
levels that's in your business constantly like an overprotective
parent.  Goddamn it, we're going to have culture *our* way (read:
the Right (tm) Way) even if we have to be totalitarian to get there!

FUCKING media companies.

FUCKING culture war.  BOTH sides.

FUCKING idiotic hypocrites everywhere.

FUCKING culture of smug, activist self-righteousness.

FUCKING tyranny of the majority.

FUCKING Washington.

Jefferson is rolling in his grave.

jb