[FoRK] Re: You know, I'm about sick of this shit.

Wilkin, Kurt Kurt.Wilkin at fnzc.co.nz
Mon May 23 21:27:22 PDT 2005

Umm, you *are* in America, no?
You dudes know how to fix this shit, no?
You've done it before, no?

Or what, you think everyone else should be
keeping your high standards for you?
[Insert quote from past President about
being watchful, or fear, or something]

And note that you didn't need to mention :
"No end to slavery. Thats un-American."
"No 'one man one vote'. Thats un-American."

OTOH, fucked up country that can't look at
Janet Jacksons chest, yet is the biggest
global exporter of porn.
(Not that thats a bad thing: it'll be a scary
day when Japan takes over that market.
Or, shudder, England.
Or, ewww, Canada)

Actually, even funnier is USians complaining
about Television standards after having
shattered the (~BBC set) standards of the rest
of the western world.
And done by a Limey, no less.

Suck it up: from experience, the time when
people are complaining about TV standards
is the *top* of the slope: come wallow with us.
And call now to order
"From 'The Ascent of Man' to 'The Biggest Loser'
 in 12 easy steps",
and get FREE
"'Fawlty Towers' to 'Joey' in 9 easy steps".

Cheers, Kurt.

on  fork-bounces at xent.com wrote:
> More rant.  ;-)
>
> No criticizing the President or his cohorts.  That's *un-American.*
>
> No filibusters on the Senate floor.  That's *obstructionist.*
>
> No euthanasia for brain-dead drooling idiots or people in chronic
> pain.  That's *murder.*
>
> No concern for the ignorant knocked-up 16 y/o girl;  that proto-human
> tumor in her belly is *more important.*
>
> No paternal rights for the guy that knocked her up.  He's got
> all the
> responsibility (child support) and none of the authority.
>
> No genetic "tampering" to make our kids smarter, stronger,
> healthier.  That's *evil mad scientist stuff.*
>
> No math / science emphasis in schools.  Math is *hard* and
> science is
> *evil.*
>
> No insistence on educational excellence in general;  an 80%
> competency rate in 3rd grade is *fantastic.*
>
> No culture that rewards childhood intelligence;  smart kids are
> *weird* and are *losers.*
>
> No reasonable pay for teachers.  Paying teachers would be
> *reasonable.*  Can't have that.
>
> No Howard Stern.  He's a *degenerate.*
>
> No Janet Jackson dirty titty.  That's *obscene.*
>
> But...  a 24 hour / day right-wing propaganda operation spanning TV
> (Faux News) and radio is *wonderful.*
>
> No human rights for political prisoners.  What are we, *pussies?*
>
> No Geneva Convention.  It's *quant* and *outdated.*
>
> No diplomacy.  We don't *need it.*
>
> No U.N.  It's *corrupt* and World Government is *bad.*  (Never mind
> that GB Sr. is a huge NWO person.)
>

> Grrr...
>
> jb

This electronic message together with any attachments is confidential and
intended for the named recipient's use only.  If you are not the intended
recipient (i) do not copy, disclose or use the contents in any way, (ii)
please let us know by return email immediately then destroy the message, and
any hard copies of the message, and any attachments.  The sender of this
message is not responsible for any changes made to this message and/or any
attachments and/or connection linkages to the Internet referred to in this
message after it has been sent.  Unless otherwise stated, any pricing
information given in this message and/or attachments is indicative only, is
subject to change and does not constitute an offer to buy or sell securities
or derivatives at any price quoted.  Any reference to the terms of executed
transactions should be treated as preliminary only and subject to separate
formal written notification.  Where reference is made to research material
and/or research recommendations, the basis of the provision of such research
material and/or recommendations is set out in the relevant disclaimer.