Sanity train, was: Re: [FoRK] Re: You know, I'm about sick of this shit.

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Tue May 24 09:20:15 PDT 2005

On one of the previous passes on this kind of good/bad polarity,
McCarthyism, the collective US learned something about where the limit
needs to be, how far is too far, and how to prosecute lapses.  I don't
doubt we will see some abuses, but as soon as the over-enthusiastic step
too far outside of the gray area, they'll be squashed and tend to taint
the rest.

What I mean is that the first, or second, or some higher order
derivative stability is reached precisely by the dynamic instability at
the lower levels.  Lack of instability at lower orders is a possible
warning sign.

sdw