[FoRK] The Shift... (last bits from me on this tonight, probably ; -)

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Thu May 26 21:18:19 PDT 2005

On May 26, 2005, at 11:01 PM, Stephen D. Williams wrote:

> Doesn't that go without saying???  Most people who don't smoke BLAH
> BLAH BLAH

(Sorry, I just can't resist... ;-)

Sigh.  Well, sorry.  I guess I just have an easier time tolerating
smelly people than raging meddlesome assholes who think they know
what's best for everybody, everywhere, all the time.  (Come to think
of it, you might too...  if you smoked. ;-)

"Polite" society?  Surely you jest.  That's a long-gone value in this
modern world.

If the prohibitionists would simply exercise a little of that
otherwise-cherished quality, tolerance, and simply allow the smokers
their dank, smelly little bars, clubs, and so forth --- they might
get some respect in turn for their dislike of being confronted with
smoking elsewhere.

jb