[FoRK] this one is for Beberg ( /. [The Death of Licensed Enterprise Software?] )

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat May 28 11:53:11 PDT 2005

On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 11:33:42AM -0700, Adam L Beberg wrote:

> What am I supposed to say?
>
> a) We know.

We know, that you do know ;)

> b) The press is only 4 years behind.

Low-surprise situation.

> c) You're not still trying to make money on software are you?

No, just services. Software-automated services, preferrably. Just removing
barriers from existing, excellent-but-hard-to-use FOSS stuff to the end user.

Do you think it's impossible to use above source of revenue for R&D?

(Also, there are niches. Lots of them, where FOSS is awful quality, or not
present at all).

> d) Even India isnt cheap enough <Simpsons.Nelson>Ha Ha.

India doesn't have an open source culture yet. The youth is not present in
online fora, but for a few "Do my homework for me, plz" pleas.