[FoRK] De-Austinization

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Sun May 29 16:29:52 PDT 2005

Mostly for the amusement of the Austinites hereabouts:

On May 29, 2005, at 3:49 PM, Jeff Bone wrote:

> I knew the end was near when the Hard Rock Cafe snatched up the
> greatest club space downtown.  End of an era.

My completely, irrationally, rabidly anti-smoking and pro-
Prohibitionist concub^H^H^H^H^H^H girlf^H^H^H^H^H um, bride-to-be
correctly points out that the real bellwether of the decline and fall
of the Austin "scene" wasn't the Hard Rock moving in on 6th St. but
rather the day they 'dozed Liberty Lunch.

I concur.

jb