[FoRK] Re: Why smart people defend bad ideas

Jeff Bone jbone at place.org
Sun May 29 22:36:44 PDT 2005

On May 30, 2005, at 12:26 AM, Jeff Bone wrote:

> But with chips and salsa and decent tequila and without all the
> pussified tree-hugging.

I must also note that we come close on the latter.  Though you don't
find the totally insane activist bullshit you find out in sunny CA
--- nobody strapping themselves to lumber trees, spiking things,
etc.  Two reasons:  mesquite doesn't make good lumber, only good BBQ,
and it's an "alien" nuisance nonetheless --- and second that most of
the possibles are too crunk (NOT a typo) on good tequila and hand-
rolled cigarettes (tobacco?  sure, whatever...  maybe green tea,
maybe something else...) to bother.

At least for now, until the smoking ban that was just passed goes
into effect.  Then --- watch out!  All Hell breaks loose.  There's
nothing like a mad hippy that can't get their nicotine / tequila
crunk on at the local dive...  You ain't seen nothin' yet.

;-)

jb

PS --- I forgot to mention in my anti-northern rants that --- well,
c'mon, it's obvious --- you simply can't hold anyone credible who
lives in a location where the average yearly temperature approaches
freezing.  Complain that smokers don't get enough oxygen to the
brain, sure --- but what about folks who live somewhere where the
average yearly temp inhibits human circulation?  Give me a break,
please...  Complain about heat --- yeah, it's uncomfortable, but it
(a) encourages circulation, and (b) sweats out all those nasty
pathogens and free radicals.  Common sense, people... please.  ;-) :-)