[FoRK] Apple Inside!

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Mon Jun 6 23:03:07 PDT 2005

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 12:47:31PM -0700, Ian Andrew Bell (FoRK) said:
> The interesting thing is how Apple adapts its marketing.  [ snippage ]
> "we connect your devices simply"

> PS     -    Is Apple's choice to NOT allow OS X to be installed on
> grey boxes after the Intel switch a mistake?

Surely one of the reasons that Apple has had this "we connect your
devices easily" schtick is that they tightly control the platform and
hence can aggressively (and obsessively) test *everything* - with the
best will in the world there's no way that Windows can be tested on
every combination of every graphics card and every sound card and every
... &cetera;

Any word on whether these new Mintels will be running on stock x86
mobos, nasty PC bios and all? My gut says no but then my gut told me
that the press releases^W leaks only mentioning Intel not x86 meant that
Intel were just going to build new PPC chips for Apple.