[FoRK] US bubble set to burst

Ken Meltsner meltsner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 08:37:48 PDT 2005

I tracked down the original paper.  The most interesting part was the
US map, colored state-by-state, to show "clearly bubbling", "recently
bubbling", and non-bubbling housing markets.

To my eyes, even though the level of aggregation was different, it
looked a lot like the purple/red/blue maps that we all saw after
Election 2004.  The bluest states were the one with the highest degree
of bubbling.

It's too bad that the authors didn't analyze housing prices at a
county level; we could have seen whether the correlation held up.

Ken Meltsner