[FoRK] US bubble set to burst

Ken Meltsner meltsner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 10:36:57 PDT 2005

http://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0506027

> I wonder how hard it is to get that county-level data, nationwide.

Not hard, but time-consuming and it may cost money to get the data in
a convenient form.  Different Realtor organizations collect this sort
of information and there are various data sellers that could sell it
to you.  Banks and other mortgage sellers are their usual customers, I
believe.

Or there may be a free public source.  A brief google turned up:

http://recenter.tamu.edu/data/

for folks in the Texas area.

Local newspapers usually print this sort of information, but don't
always provide historical values.

> p.p.s. - I am currently househunting, so if someone would please post the exact
> date on which this (alleged?) bubble will peak, I'd appreciate it.

"Mid-2006" according to the abstract.  May be different in Washington.