[FoRK] West Coast Tsunami Warning

Chris Olds colds
Wed Jun 15 01:23:42 PDT 2005

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Tom Higgins wrote:
> On 6/14/05, Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> wrote:
> > Glad to see all this work NOT AT ALL considering we're due for a 9+ off
> > the northwest coast any time.
> >

> Eppi centered are ya? There are a few here in Fork. So what about this
> 9.+ megadon of quakes, could you corner the cafepress market in
> foresight with "My Parents Survived The Big One and All I Got Was This
> BabyT"? Will Big Foot come out for the occasion with hyperpaleion garb
> and smile for the siesmic sensors?
>
> Beep Beep.
>
> The big question though is this though, Will Beberg be shaken and
> stirred to a happy fun ball mode?
>
> Answer Hazy, Try Again

Between the Seattle fault and Mt Rainier, there's so much to worry about
that it's not worth worrying about.  I have some water and
non-perishables, but living on the 15th floor, I have bigger problems to
worry about.  The Juan de Fuca subduction zone is (slightly) more likely
to cause a good-sized quake, but the timing on that is pretty iffy too, so
I don't worry about that either.  I do know that the lahar warning systems
were tested last week, so at least Enumclaw will have an hour's notice
before being repaved.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, don't worry unless you can see
Mt Rainier from where you are...

	/cco