[FoRK] flag burning

Lucas Gonze lgonze
Wed Jun 15 13:09:57 PDT 2005

Joe Barrera wrote:

> I think we need to protect unborn flags as well. That is,
> any material (such as cloth, dye, rope, whatever) that
> has a clear potential for becoming a flag shall not be
> burnt or turned to any other use but for making more flags.

So, for example, a collection of materials which accidentally happened
to be sufficient to make a flag would become protected at the moment it
was sufficient?  And, like, one ought to salute it?  So we could have
groups of people standing rigidly at attention around a pile of dog crap
for fear of being America-haters?

I would do this in a second.