[FoRK] Mindmaps

Luis Villa luis.villa
Wed Jun 29 18:26:04 PDT 2005

On 6/29/05, Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
> Yes, and Yes. I believe I wrote about this a while ago.
>
> MindManager X5 is probably the best, although there is an open source
> version that is ok.
>
> I think the concept is not really complete, but it is a fast and concise
> way to deal with large hierarchies that isn't as bad as some other methods.

Every product i've looked at (admittedly, not many) seems to be
convinced that heirarchical is the way to go. This seems
mind-bogglingly limited to me. I'll stick with my desktop-wiki-style
app (tomboy) where I can interlink and intertwingle to my heart's
content until I see something that realizes that my 'mind' cannot be
mapped in a glorified outline.

Luis