[FoRK] Mindmaps

Dhiren Patel dlists
Thu Jun 30 11:31:51 PDT 2005

I've just looked them briefly and find them useful for certain kinds of
tasks, such as trying to get coherency to a large set of seemingly
unrelated items. One of the useful features of the electronic tools is
that you can dump a lot of ideas into the tool as they occur to you and
then try to order or group them later. By separating the tasks of
capturing (and generating) information and organizaing it, the tools
facilitate a more efficient planning, brainstorming, etc.

So far, I've played with FreeMind and have found it useful on several
occassions -- http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Cheers,

Dhiren