[FoRK] Sandra Day O'Connor's retirement

Luis Villa luis.villa
Fri Jul 1 14:45:10 PDT 2005

On 7/1/05, Adam L Beberg <beberg at mithral.com> wrote:
> Jeffrey Winter wrote on 7/1/2005 12:51 PM:
> > * No way Bush can stomach appointing a woman, it's just not in him
> >
> > This is an asinine comment.
>
> I'd prefer to be wrong, but that doesnt happen when I want it to.

You'll be wrong on this one, I'm guessing; I dislike Bush as much as
anyone, but he's appointed more women and minorities than even Clinton
did. (You can question his motivations all you want; the results are
there.) And it's not like there is a shortage of crypto-fascist
proto-Thomas women out there- Rove will be sure to look long and hard
until he finds one.

Luis