[FoRK] Three Billion New [ANGRY] Capitalists, but no money for fighting bird flu without money from US & EU

Adam L Beberg beberg
Mon Jul 4 23:57:46 PDT 2005

Joe Barrera wrote on 7/4/2005 10:20 PM:
> <http://news.scotsman.com/health.cfm?id=737912005>
>
> "Mr Domenech told the conference that Asia needs about
> ?57 million over the next two years to fund a viable programme
> to fight bird flu, but so far only one-tenth of that amount
> has been raised.
>
> He said pledges from donors such as the European Union
> and the United States were 'still not enough and still not
> coming quick enough.'"

Sorry, all tapped out, they have all our money already.

Also from the article...

"urging mass poultry vaccinations to prevent a crisis"

BZZZZZZZ. This only guarantees a strain that we have a vaccine against
will NOT be the one that spreads.

The best plan has always been and will always be, to prepare several
vaccines as early as possible but only let them out for use of any kind
until as LATE as possible along with serious quarantine and containment
procedures. You know, the plan that can never possibly happen thanks to
politics and human stupidity. Any action now is only helping the virus.

Imagine if bird flu, the oil crisis, and the housing bubble all hit at
the same time? I'm saving two sticks, so I can rub them together and
restart civilization - if I make it ;)

Oh, and happy 4th, FoRK the british, yea baby...

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/