[FoRK] Three Billion New Capitalists: The Great Shift of Wealth and Power to the East.

Jim Whitehead ejw
Tue Jul 5 13:08:20 PDT 2005

Hmm, where have I heard this before? Oh, yes, Japan in the 80s.

The US national character seems to need a country to use as a competitor,
and now China/India are it. In a few years we'll fully internalize the
weaknesses in their economies that means they're not quite the paper tiger
we thought them to be, and then we'll focus on someone else.

IMO, the real threat is North Korea.

- Jim