[FoRK] "What did the president know and when did he know it?"

Stephen D. Williams sdw
Wed Jul 6 12:22:18 PDT 2005

I thought the proud answer of Republicans everywhere was: "Not much!"

Just kidding...  I'm with John Stewart: (heavily paraphrased) if clumsy
shakeups can get ugly parts of the world out of local minima and
trending toward Democracy, exiting the stone age, etc., I won't be too
upset.  It isn't hard to imagine that Western Democracy has pretty much
proven better than all other tried or known alternatives.  It might
follow that shakeups of any kind that severely damage existing
non-democracies will tend to turn out better than they would have 50-100
years ago.  Make that 10-20 years ago, assuming that the thorough
education of the world's peoples is primarily based on the Internet and
other pervasive communication (cheap long distance, satellite TV).

Anyway, who cares.  The real show is who's going to play drummer for the
Supremes.

sdw