[FoRK] "What did the president know and when did he know it?"

Joe Barrera joe
Thu Jul 7 00:13:13 PDT 2005

Ian Andrew Bell (FoRK) wrote:

>  Seriously, this is just about the most ridiculous attempt at an
>  argument I have ever heard. SPACE MIRRORS to cure Global
>  Warming?!?! Is that right after they finish building the Death Ray
>  (tm) on the Moon?

You can combine both ideas, of course. Imagine a giant lens
between the earth and the sun at L1. Normally you keep
the lens tilted so that that the focus is pointed somewhat
away from the earth. But, if you want the death ray, then
you tilt the lens so that the sunlight is focused on the earth,
cooking your enemies like bugs under a kid's magnifying
glass.

- Joe