[FoRK] Re: Re: ABCNEWS.com: Now, the Sun Prevents Skin Cancer --Right?

Corinna schultz
Thu Jul 7 08:29:01 PDT 2005

To be fair, I think the article was really pointing out that vitamin D has a
significant anti-cancer effect.  The cutesy headline kids of obscures that
point. I've head that writers have very littel control over the headlines
they get...

But, yes, I remember as a kid being told that vitamin D comes from the sun,
and simply not believing it because it was such an outrageous statement...
Then I learned about chemistry, and light-based reactions, and now it's all
quite sensible, even if I don't understand all the details.

A side question...

What about people who have light skin that tans easily?  Sounds like they
have the best situation -- self-regulating skin...

P.S. I think the consensus on eggs is that if you're already healthy, eggs
are just fine (something like 2 a day). However, I suspect that eating a ton
of eggs will quickly make you not healthy, from all the calories and fat,
and since you eat them with butter, or white tortillas and potatoes, etc,
etc...

P.S.  In fact, I think generally, that if you're healthy, your body can
handle a lot of crap that most people can't. Diseases are a lot less deadly,
you don't get allergies as easily, you handle stress better.  If only I had
the discipline to exercise regularly...

-Corinna

news:42CD4533.8070800 at mithral.com...