[FoRK] NASA world wind, Google Earth applications

Sandor Spruit sandor
Sun Jul 10 13:13:32 PDT 2005

Just being curious: have you folks already been playing around with
Google Earth? I recently spend some time browsing World Wind [1], but
Google [2] just takes this whole geo-searching thing a step further.
Incredible photographs, and not just for the USA. Try Melbourne,
Australia. The inner city of Amsterdam, in the Netherlands. Paris gives
you the tourist bus parking space near the Louvre. I know there's cool
technology produced but this really blew me away...

Kinda makes you wondering whether you have to take 'key hole' literally
for militairy applications :)

Sandor

[1] http://www.worldwindcentral.com/wiki/NASA_World_Wind_Download
[2] http://earth.google.com/