[FoRK] Fwd: HP Invents A New Way To Print

Joe Barrera joe
Tue Jul 12 15:35:36 PDT 2005

Isn't this the fuckin obvious way to do it?
I thought HP incorporated the print head in the cartridge
only to make money selling cartridges. Is this a defensive
move against ever-cheaper color laser printers?

- Joe

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	HP Invents A New Way To Print
Date: 	12 Jul 2005 22:26:07 -0000
From: 	brian-slashdotnews at hyperreal.org
To: 	slashdotnews at hyperreal.org

Link: http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/07/12/1746200
Posted by: Zonk, on 2005-07-12 19:40:00

   from the i-thought-we-were-a-paperless-society dept.
   [1]Sushant Bhatia writes "Forbes is reporting that HP is introducing
   new technology in its inkjet printers that should help the company and
   consumers save time and money. If successful, the strategy may alter
   the economics of the printer market. The new inkjet platform, which
   will initially be geared toward the high end of the market, [2]will
   incorporate the print head in the printer itself rather than in the
   ink cartridge. It means cheaper prints for consumers (about 24 cents
   per photo print) and faster output. HP says it has more than halved
   the time it takes to print a 4-inch-by-6-inch photo, to 14 seconds.
   [3]The press release from HP has details on the new technology."