[FoRK] Tell your friends: Fire Karl Rove!

Ian Andrew Bell FoRK fork
Tue Jul 12 16:32:58 PDT 2005

They won't do it.  To fire Rove would be to excommunicate the
principal architect of their core strategy (let's not believe for a
second that this would at all impinge on his ability to influence
decision making in the GOP, though) and, more to the point, would
reveal that there is a leak in the dam.  If they concede one leak
then they will need to begin acknowledging all the other leaks that
are popping up.  They would also open the floor to unabashed
criticism of the gobbermint, which is just plain unamerican.

What're you gonna do then, eh??  Fire Rumsfeld for war crimes and
manipulation of intelligence data?  Fire Cheney for sweetheart deals
to outsource the army to his former co-workers?  Fire Condoleeza Rice
for being EVIL?  NO.. that's not the answer.  The only way to get
fired from this administration is to veer too dangerously close to
reality, as in the case of Powell.  That shit just will not do.

So the strategy is clear:  Deny, Deny, Deny.  The seething Left-Wing
(read: Mainstream) Press thinks they have seized upon a slam dunk
case here but there is plenty of wriggle room.  And their dogged
pursuit of this morsel is just further proof of their Liberal anti-
Christian bias.  We are at WAR, people!  Where's your humanity?!

You can't encourage these people, George.  Pretty soon they'll be
clamoring for a democracy.

-Ian.