[FoRK] Re: Re: ABCNEWS.com: Now, the Sun Prevents Skin Cancer --Right?

Bill Stoddard bill
Wed Jul 13 13:42:47 PDT 2005

Jim Whitehead wrote:
>>I'd love to know who the genius was who came up with the idea
>>of eating other species' unfertilised ova, and drinking the
>>milk from lactating bovines.
>

> So, last night I watched the first episode of the PBS special "Guns, Germs
> and Steel" (based on the book). In it, they hypothesized that the reason
> humans started drinking animal milk and eating eggs was to supplement their
> protein intake, since the most widely available plants often didn't contain
> sufficient protein.
>
> - Jim

How bout this explanation... early humans were always hungry (kinda like how grandmothers are always cold and
never know what time it is. Only different.). If milk & eggs were good enough for the other animials to eat,
they were probably good enough for us early humans to eat.

Now whoever invented (or discovered?) beer, now that lad be a true genius :)