[FoRK] Fwd: [lbo-talk] London Bounce? Bush's Approval Rating Rises

kelley at inkworkswell.com kelley
Tue Jul 12 15:31:36 PDT 2005

At 10:03 PM 7/11/2005, Joe Barrera wrote:
>Ah... FUCK me. 42% to 47% approval in one fuckin' week?
>And a *drop* in "unsure" from 10% to 7%?

Don't forget the "rally-round-the-prez" effect. This happens whenever the
president's in trouble. Nixon got bounces throughout the time preceding his
resignation, when he was under attack in the press.

IF you want to feel better, look at the long-term approval rating for Nixon
over time. I'd look it up on the 'net, but I'm lazy. LBO will have it in
the archives somehwere, no doubt. :)

kelley

When you need to communicate, Ink Works!
http://www.inkworkswell.com
+1 (727) 942-9255