[FoRK] audio news

Aaron Burt aaron
Thu Jul 14 10:44:15 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 09:20:08PM -0700, Sat N wrote:
> Quick informal survey:
>
> 1. would you pay for a podcast of new york times read by a human ( not
> computer generated) that you can subscribe to and can be downloaded
> automatically to you iPod/mp3 player every morning.

Nope.  I process text in print much better than in audio, and most any
activity that precludes reading (e.g. driving) needs my full attention.

Also note that there are radio services for the blind that read
newspapers aloud.  My dad used to volunteer for one in San Diego.

The licensing issue is handled by restricting the service to a
dedicated broadcast frequency and special radio receivers.  They're
often available as streaming MP3, though.

</delurk>