[FoRK] Re: Warning Labels on Fat Kids..

Corinna schultz
Fri Jul 15 05:57:36 PDT 2005

One big difference between sucrose and fructose is that fructose is about
twice as sweet, so you can get the same amount of sweetness for half the
calories...  It tastes only slightly different -- a bit more fruity.

Basically I would say the problem is 1) nutritional deficiencies -- even a
small lack in essential vitamins can affect your health, skin problems,
allergy sensitivities, fatigue, mental fogginess, depression... Even if you
get all the RDAs
2) Too many calories -- I have read, though I have no way of personally
testing this, that if you get sufficient calories of healthy foods (beans,
brown rice, veggies, etc, etc) you will probably not overeat, and you will
get sufficient nutrients. These days, you'd probably need to eat organic, or
take supplements, though, because our food is so anemic from being bred for
shelf-life and not nutrition. 3) Not enough exercise -- You need enough
exercise to keep your body working properly, and to use those calories you
ingest. It also contributes to mental clarity, and eveness in mood and sex
drive. 4) Meaning in life -- too many people lack a sense of purpose to
their lives, which contributes to why they don't do 1, 2 or 3 above.

-Corinna

news:42D73FB7.8090004 at lig.net...