What SDW meant [Re: [FoRK] Westmoreland Dies...]

Joe Barrera joe
Tue Jul 19 14:56:54 PDT 2005

This is funny -- what *I* though SDW meant, quite unambiguously,
was whether the were high enough to fight a war in the first place.
At least, I thought his point was clear regarding the US Civil War;
in other words, given other better ways of solving the conflict,
perhaps Lincoln did NOT make the right decision allowing Grant
to inflict and suffer huge casualties. (His point was less clear in
his North Korea example.)

Oh, if only he were still among us to tell us what he meant!

- Joe