What SDW meant [Re: [FoRK] Westmoreland Dies...]

Stephen D. Williams sdw
Tue Jul 19 16:14:12 PDT 2005

I really don't know to what extent those would be considered to be
"colonized" in the unwilling "conquer the natives" sense.
Certainly, to me it seems nothing like GB and India.  From Jefferson on,
the US will sometimes buy land to get in, but that seems qualitatively
different.  Another alternative non-conquering "colonization" method is
probably extension of our defense perimeter by agreement.

sdw