[FoRK] Fwd: HP Invents A New Way To Print

Steve Nordquist signa
Wed Jul 20 01:28:04 PDT 2005

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:16:32 -0400, Stephen D. Williams <sdw at lig.net> wrote:
> In reading the press release, it looks like the innovation is large
> scale photolithography-based printhead / piezo unit with 3900 or more
> nozzles.  They are implying that they can handle large widths with many
> inks simultaneously in an easy to manufacture way that prints far faster
> than before.

Not so fast!  I have a copyright on "improvements to holes."
It is based on ma55iv3 man-hours with professional holes, and hole improvers.

See instead my work in the creative commons where a 'source of darkness'
is pulped into a whirling inertial ejecta past an air knife and flurry of
digital printing plates, and bled onto an entire print run at once,
by a large nitrile hand that gently squeezes the railcar of cut sheets
into the air in a column.  Hinge stitching, finishes for coated paper,
stapling and insert options are available, but the system excels at
simple cardie palaver, reccomending the captive restaurants, and
cikir rip.  The print only exists if a combination of india ink,
lampblack, pigment and gouache is avoided.

I thought this was how they made newspapers to order on
kiosks, anyhow.  I reserve the right to be flabbergasted if they
turn around and sell:
	1- Machined-socket IC/nozxle sets featuring Font Set 2.
	2- Model capable of 'Halftone RIP upgrade' most people
	    implement by twisting frame of printer.
	3- Some way of getting wet ink on user or 'ink tech.'
and that it will be even more than 10 years after the
release of the new printers before firmware permits singing
the 'star spangled banner' in inkjetting noises.